Monday, June 13, 2011

6.13.11









(top and shorts thrifted and deconstructed, sandals: LoveD, necklace: Swarovski, nails: Kleancolor "Neon Orange", lips: Revlon "Siren")
I made this top out of a mens XL t-shirt. I was browsing through a thift store when I spotted a tye dye sleeve peeking out from a rack of mens t-shirts. Some people think tye dye is tacky, and it can be, but I love it. When I pulled the shirt off the rack and saw that it had a graphic on it of Bob Marley I knew I had to have it. AND it was only 99¢! I cut it up and made it a halter top. I wanted to make it a dress but it would be way too short. I recorded a tutorial on it without knowing wtf I was going to do with the shirt but I think it came out acceptable. I'm just glad I didn't ruin it!
I'd post a Bob Marley song in honor of my shirt lol but Youtube won't allow his music to be embedded. Instead watch the interview below and go listen to him on Pandora or something. Bob Marley wasn't just a legendary artist but also a revolutionary and a prophet of sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment